19 New Reasons in 2019 to Visit Orlando
From Star Wars to Sesame Street, Orlando welcomes new immersive experiences for families and fanatics of all ages.
ORLANDO, Fla. – Orlando, Theme Park Capital of the World®, will have even more character in 2019 with the launch of new theme park thrills, adventures beyond the theme parks, and all-new places to stay, play and dine. Visitors can get continuous updates on new attractions and planning tips at VisitOrlando.com, the official visitor information source for the destination.
NEW THEME PARK THRILLS
Orlando theme parks have experienced unprecedented growth within the past five years, with ground-breaking expansions including The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley, Pandora - The World of AVATAR and brand-new waterpark Volcano Bay. The thrills continue in 2019 with brand-new immersive lands, rides and experiences to excite both first-time and return visitors.
New Immersive Lands
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, a new land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, opens late-fall 2019. Set on the remote planet Batuu, the area will feature two signature attractions, Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run, putting guests in the cockpit of the famous space ship, and Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, where an escape from The First Order turns into all-out battle.
- A new Sesame Street-themed land at SeaWorld Orlando isscheduled to open in spring 2019. Guests can explore the iconic neighborhood, including the famous 123 stoop, exciting rides, the park’s first-ever parade, beloved characters and interactive experiences.
- The Lego Movie World debuts at LEGOLAND Florida Resort in spring 2019, with three new attractions based on the 2014 film: Unikitty's Disco Drop, Battle of Bricksburg and The Lego Movie Masters of Flight, a unique 180-degree rotating theater attraction with additional 4D elements such as smells and water sprays.
Thrill Rides and Family-friendly Attractions
- An all-new roller coaster thrill ride is coming to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade at Universal’s Islands of Adventure. Replacing what was once the “Dragon Challenge” double coaster, it is expected to be one of the most highly-themed coaster experiences that Universal Orlando has ever created.
- New family thrill ride, KareKare Curl at SeaWorld’s Aquatica offers riders a high-adrenaline, weightless adventure as they “climb” a vertical wave wall.
- The first-ever Mickey-themed ride-through attraction, “Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway,” will open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Guests will enter the world of “Mickey Mouse” cartoon shorts using new technologies to bring the flat cartoon world to life.
- Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy,a live show opening at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in early 2019, will feature beloved characters from the Cars movie series.